This post may contain affiliate links. I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on the links but at no additional cost to you. Thank you for continuing to support JandLOnline!
Today I’m sharing another banana bread recipe with you but this one is an oatmeal. This banana bread baked oatmeal is thick, filling and absolutely delicious!
Every bit as flavorful as your favorite banana bread treat, but less sugar and chock full of fiber! Another great thing about this recipe is it includes ingredients that you more than likely keep on stock in your own kitchen, so no need to go to the store to create this breakfast staple.
It’s fabulous just as it is but I like to pour some cold milk over it in a bowl as you would a cereal. Top with some freshly sliced bananas and your good to go.
I hope you get to try this banana bread baked oatmeal soon! Don’t forget to store it in the fridge and enjoy all week long.
Banana Bread Baked Oatmeal
- 3-4 mashed bananas
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups milk
- 2 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and spray the inside of a glass baking dish (8×8 or larger)
- Mash bananas in a large bowl
- Add in brown sugar, eggs, salt, vanilla, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg. Mix until combined.
- Stir in milk and oats. Add walnuts, if desired.
- Pour oat mixture into baking dish and cover with foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes then remove foil. Bake for an additional 15 minutes or until center is solid and edges are golden brown.
- Serve warm as is or pour some cold milk over it.