This post may contain affiliate links. I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on the links but at no additional cost to you. Thank you for continuing to support JandLOnline!
These Pumpkin Snickerdoodle cookies are the perfect Fall treat, moist and chewy and full of pumpkin goodness!
Snickerdoodles are a favorite in our house around the holiday season – they’re easy to whip up and super tasty. Right now, there’s a serious craving for all things pumpkin spice between me and my oldest daughter so I got to thinking about what I could make with all the pumpkin flavor.
So with all that pumpkin spice on my mind, a Fall inspired variation on the snickerdoodle was begging to be made! I wanted a punch of pumpkin flavor and these cookies definitely deliver on that note. It’s like pumpkin pie in a handheld treat.
For an even sweeter kick, I added mini chocolate chips to a portion of the batter. SO GOOD!
- 1.5 cups flour
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1.5 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
Cinnamon Sugar Coating
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- In a bowl, mix the flour, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and lemon juice
- In another bowl, beat the butter and sugars until well blended. Then add the egg yolk, vanilla and pumpkin puree and mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine cinnamon and sugar for the coating.
- Using a cookie scooper, scoop the dough into a 1 inch ball and toss in the bowl of cinnamon and sugar coating. Then place on prepared baking sheet and repeat using all of the dough.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until edges are set.