This post may contain affiliate links. I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on the links but at no additional cost to you. Thank you for continuing to support JandLOnline!Jump to Recipe
A Warm + Comforting Vegetarian Dish the Whole Family Will Enjoy!
This Potato and Broccoli soup is the perfect comfort food.
Whether it’s a cold, rainy winter evening or warm summer evening with a breeze, you’ll enjoy digging into this light bowl of soup.
The rich and bold flavors of garlic, onion and paprika bring out all the yummyness in your meal. Your meat eating kids or hubby won’t even miss that there’s no meat in this dish as they devour bowl after bowl!
I hope you enjoy this delicious Potato and Broccoli Soup recipe.
And if you try it out and love it, please come back and share with me!
And if you want to share the recipe with your friends, grab one of the PIN images below and save to Pinterest! Check out the links below for more hearty vegetarian meals to mix into your everyday meal planning.
Shop the ingredients conveniently online and select curbside pickup at walmart, where i get all my groceries to feed my family of seven!
Potato and Broccoli Soup
- 1/2 onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp butter
- 8 oz frozen hash browns southern style hash browns with onions and peppers
- 8 oz frozen broccoli florets
- 32 oz vegetable broth
- 16 oz heavy cream
- 1/8 cup smoked paprika
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- In a large pot, melt butter and brown onion and garlic until fragrant
- Add broth, cream and paprika and pepper and bring to a boil
- Add broccoli and hash browns and lower heat to a simmer
- Cook on low for about 25 minutes or until veggies are tender
- Serve with shredded cheddar cheese
- Optional: top with chives and red pepper flakes
Want more vegetarian recipes?
- Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
- Portabella Mushroom Pizzas
- Asparagus Tarts
- Banana Nut Bread Baked Oatmeal
- Homemade Pretzel Bites
Sharing is Caring!
If you enjoyed this recipe, I would love to hear about it in the comments!