This post may contain affiliate links. I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on the links but at no additional cost to you. Thank you for continuing to support JandLOnline!
We made these delicious asparagus tarts as part of our Easter meal and everyone in the family just loved them. A little bit of savory crunch goes great with the creamy filling.
If your family loves asparagus like mine does, these will surely be a hit in your kitchen. I’m always trying to think of new recipes that will add a veggie to our meal and keep the kid’s taste buds fresh.
This Asparagus Tart recipe is fairly simple and I hope you’ll give it a try for your next family meal!
- 1 sheet puff pastry, defrosted
- 1/8 cup cottage cheese
- 1/2 lemon, zested
- 1/8 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tbsp parsley
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 18 asparagus tips
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp parmesan cheese
- egg wash
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees and line your baking sheet with foil, sprayed with non-stick spray
- Cut the puff pastry sheet into 9 equal squares and place them on the prepared baking sheet
- Poke the center of each square 3-4 times with a fork
- In a bowl, mix together the ricotta, cottage cheese, lemon zest, garlic, thyme, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Spoon ricotta mixture onto each pastry square and top with 2 asparagus tips
- Brush olive oil on each of the asparagus tips and brush the edges of each pastry square with egg wash
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown
- Top with parmesan cheese and serve warm