This post may contain affiliate links. I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on the links but at no additional cost to you. Thank you for continuing to support JandLOnline!
In my quest to work in fresh recipe ideas as well as vegetarian options into our weekly menu plans, I found these delicious Portabella Mushroom Pizzas to be a great alternative to your normal pizza night!
Although my kids would not come anywhere near these mushroom pizzas, I have allowed myself to make these for mom and dad and let the kids create their own pizzas for our pizza night meals!
You could really get creative with these healthier pizzas and add your own toppings as well but they’re just as delicious served as they are with a sprinkling of red pepper flakes for a bit of a kick.
Portabella Mushroom Pizzas
- 2 large Portabella mushroom caps
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup reduced fat shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes, optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil
- Scoop out the inside of mushroom caps, creating a bowl
- In a small bowl, combine lemon juice, soy sauce and half of the olive oil
- Brush both sides of the mushrooms with mixture and place on the baking sheet
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until soft
- Meanwhile, in another bowl, add cheese, tomatoes, italian seasoning, garlic and remaining olive oil. Mix until combined.
- Divide cheese mixture evenly between mushrooms and bake until cheese is melted, approx 5-7 minutes
- Sprinkle with red pepper flakes, if desired
Enjoy adding another pizza option to your menu plans and be sure to pin the recipe to share with your friends!