This post may contain affiliate links. I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on the links but at no additional cost to you. Thank you for continuing to support JandLOnline!Jump to Recipe
A Quick Weeknight Meal to Feed the Whole Family
It’s Spring! And that means, back to those busy sports nights where we are often rushed out the door right after school ends.
These night can be so hectic for families everywhere. It can seem nearly impossible to escape hitting the drive through on these weeknights and even more impossible to give the family a hearty, healthy meal on the go.
Here’s a quick weeknight meal that you can prep 30-45 minutes before leaving the house. Separate the meal into individual tupperware dishes or thermoses and you’ve got a meal on the go for your busy sports night!
This quick meal will make enough for a large portion for 8 individual servings and leave enough for at least one leftover serving for lunch the next day.
The best thing is that if one of your kiddos doesn’t like shrimp, you can add the shrimp at the end rather than incorporating it into the sauce. Then you’ll have a delicious vegetarian Garlic Alfredo!
Creamy Garlic Shrimp Alfredo
- 2 lb extra small shrimp tails removed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 boxes fettuccine noodles
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- In a large pan, heat olive oil and minced garlic until browned.
- Add shrimp and cook for 3-5 minutes until cooked through. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large pot, bring water to boil and add the fettuccine noodles and cook per package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, start the alfredo sauce in a small pot.
- Add butter, heavy cream, cream cheese, garlic powder, italian seasoning, pepper and parmesan cheese. Stir until cheese is melted and combined.
- Add cooked shrimp to sauce and serve over hot pasta.
Want more sports night recipes?
Sharing is caring!