This post may contain affiliate links. I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on the links but at no additional cost to you. Thank you for continuing to support JandLOnline!
This month started out with actual progress that we could see. It was very exciting to have something come out of all the months of progress hidden behind paperwork and I can’t wait to share this month’s building update with you all!
Here’s what happened in May, 2020:
- Grading for our driveway was completed and rock was spread for our construction entrance today. Our contractor also installed the silt fence.
- County inspector rejected the silt fence installation and our contractor went out and re-installed it.
- County inspector approved the construction entrance and silt fence installation and left us with our grading permit to be displayed on-site.
- Next up – zoning – which is being held up by the floodplain dept (since the majority of our property is in floodplain, this has been a huge headache for us.)
- Floodplain dept apparently sent an email in February but never followed up when they didn’t receive a response. womp womp … really?! All they need is our proposed driveway and house site to be drawn on the latest version of the floodplain map. Our contractor is working this up right away but of course, it’s Friday at COB when we find this out so we won’t hear anything new from the county til Monday.
- Building permit received.
- Excavation is scheduled for Monday, 5/18!
- Excavation completed!
- Footers and basement walls poured
- Waterproofing done. Next week: basement plumbing and slab!
That’s it for the month of May but it sure was the most progress we have seen during our build thus far. I can’t wait to see what June has in store for us! Be sure to follow along on IG @HouseManorVA