This post may contain affiliate links. I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on the links but at no additional cost to you. Thank you for continuing to support JandLOnline!
While last month was full of big changes, September has been a very slow month waiting on our sub-contractors to get into gear. I was warned ahead of time that once we’re under roof, the interior (behind the walls) work would seem like it’s taking forever, and they weren’t wrong. Here’s what happened on our building this month…
- I want to say a big fat NOTHING because that’s what it seems like has happened these last two weeks.
- HVAC continues (supposedly they will be done by 9/17)
- Windows are on back order 4-6 weeks
- Exterior doors installed
- HVAC still working but did not wrap up before the end of the month.
- Electrical boxes and some can lights installed so we can review location.
- We were told the house was going to be wrapped at the beginning of the month but that still hasn’t happened.
- Exterior door knobs installed
- We finished ordering all of our bathroom vanities, interior and exterior light fixtures, interior doors, door knobs and stops, hot water heaters, thermostats and all the other little things.
- Finalized our kitchen design and ready to hit submit on the cabinet order. We’re just waiting for the right time so the cabinets are sitting there waiting forever.
That’s all for the month of September, wrapping up Month 11 of our home build process. Check out the video of this month’s progress on YouTube and don’t forget to follow us on Instagram and Pinterest for more updates and home building ideas.