This post may contain affiliate links. I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on the links but at no additional cost to you. Thank you for continuing to support JandLOnline!
This month, so much has been done on the house. The heat and humidity have been crazy here in Northern Virginia and the framers stuck it out and got the job done quickly! Here’s what happened in August, 2020:
- We had a little picnic at our house today, our first meal in the dining room! The kids and I wrote verses on the walls and floors and we prayed over our new home. Read more about this special day here in my blog post: 35 Bible Verses to Bless Your New House.
- Crane was on site and set the roof trusses in about 3 hours!
- Framers installed plywood on most of the roof and the rest of the exterior.
- Met with our contractor and the framers and walked through all the fixes that needed to be made to the upper level. We came back and checked in every few hours because it was too much for them to remember everything all at once.
- They started framing the porch out and the other walls that needed to be added
- Met with Home Depot kitchen designer to price out the kitchen. I wanted to start somewhere to see where we sat in the kitchen budget. Next, I sent the design to our contractor so we could price it out through his suppliers (still haven’t received that estimate though).
- Basement door and garage entry door delivered
- Framers came back to finish today. Framed out the fireplace, add knee wall in the mudroom, wall between mudroom/pantry etc
- Met with our contractor for about 2.5 hours to mark out plumbing and electrical – we didn’t finish and will be meeting again tomorrow afternoon to finish this.
- Selected our architectural shingle color (Twilight Black)
- Met with our contractor again for about 2.5 hours to finish marking out electrical placements.
- Our stairs were delivered! James helped move them to the interior of the house since we were expecting rain.
- Plumbers installed bathtubs and ran all the plumbing for the house (minus our bathtub in the master bath)
- Meeting with our contractor at the house before ordering windows.
- Shingles delivered
- Roofers shingled the house, completed all in one day!
- HVAC crew started work at the house.
- The last of our exterior doors were delivered (kitchen french doors and front door)
- Family picnic in the dining room and fishing in the creek (I know this isn’t progress on the house but it closed out the month!)
Hop on over and watch our monthly building update video on YouTube. Don’t forget to follow along for updates on IG @HouseManorVA and be blessed in your every day!