This post may contain affiliate links. I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on the links but at no additional cost to you. Thank you for continuing to support JandLOnline!
We have so many bananas in the house these days and I don’t want them to go to waste so I decided to tweak my Banana Nut Bread recipe and try something new. And then the Dark Chocolate Banana Bread was created!
Dark chocolate is my favorite and it’s quickly becoming one of Natalie’s go to sweet fixes as well. On our last grocery run, I stocked up on dark chocolate chips so I could make some more Blueberry Coconut Bars but I opened them up to try them out on this treat.
The rich chocolate flavor from the chips is really decadent and would go great with a cup of coffee.
You might like some of the items I use in my kitchen while baking. Click on the images above to view product information.
Dark Chocolate Banana Bread
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 1/8 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 3 extra ripe bananas
- Spray your loaf pan with non stick spray and preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Mash bananas in a large bowl
- Add in oil, sugar, egg and vanilla, mix until combined
- Add baking soda, salt, flour and cocoa powder, mix until combined
- Gently stir in 1 cup of the chocolate chips
- Spoon mixture into prepared loaf pan
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup of chocolate chips
- Bake for 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
I hope you enjoy this delicious treat. Let me know how it turned out if you tried it.