This post may contain affiliate links. I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on the links but at no additional cost to you. Thank you for continuing to support us!
This banana nut bread recipe is by far the best we have made. Everyone in the house loves it and sometimes I make two batches, one with nuts and one without.
The kids are always asking me to buy bananas so we can make banana bread but it’s pretty rare that any are left to ripen enough before they are all eaten.
It was hard to keep the kids away so I could get any photos of the bread! But they all agree it was worth waiting for.
It’s a safe bet to guess we always have a stock of bananas in our kitchen basket. They’ll eat a whole loaf of this bread before it’s even cooled completely! I hope you enjoy one of our favorite treats and let me know if you have tried this recipe yourself!
You might like some of the items I use in my kitchen for baking, click on the link to view product info.
Banana Nut Bread
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 1/8 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp buttermilk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 extra ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Spray your loaf pan with non stick spray and preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a bowl add flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt and mix until combined.
- In a different bowl add egg, sugar and oil and mix until combined.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredient bowl and mix well, scraping the bottom and sides. The mixture will be thick and dry.
- Add buttermilk, vanilla and mashed bananas and mix until combined.
- Spoon mixture into loaf pan and sprinkle walnuts or pecans over the top.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.