This post may contain affiliate links. I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on the links but at no additional cost to you. Thank you for continuing to support JandLOnline!
Hello Fall! Even though it’s still August, I’m ready for Fall – it’s my favorite season with the crisp and colorful leaves, cool evenings, sweaters and boots – and don’t forget all things apple and pumpkin!
When I went by my mom’s house yesterday, she sent me home with a bag full of apples from her tree. We only buy apples every once in a while (to mix up the fruits the kids have so they don’t get bored of them and leave them on the counter too long) and I had just sent James to the store that morning with apples on the grocery list.
So I knew I had to come up with several recipes to use up all these apples, which is fine by my family because they love them just as much as I do!
I hope you enjoy this quick and easy Apple Cinnamon Bread recipe this season! And if your family is anything like mine, the two loaves this recipe makes won’t last through the night.
Granny Smith apples are generally the best apples for baking but you can use any. I had Red Delicious on hand so that’s what I used in this recipe and it turned out great!
Apple Cinnamon Bread
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 4 tsp cinnamon
- 4 apples cored, peeled and chopped
- 1 1/3 cup sugar, plus 4 tbsp
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour
- 3 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray 2 loaf pans with non-stick cooking spray
- In a large bowl, peel and chop the apples
- Mix brown sugar and 2 tsp cinnamon in a small bowl and set aside
- Mix 4 tbsp sugar and remaining 2 tsp cinnamon with the chopped apples
- In another large bowl, beat butter and 1 1/3 cup sugar until soft. Add eggs one at a time, then add vanilla, mix until combined
- In another bowl, mix flour salt and baking powder together, then add to the creamed butter mixture and beat until combined
- Mix in the milk until combined
- Pour 1/4 of the batter into the bottom of each of the loaf pans
- Spoon half of the apples into each of the loaf pans
- Sprinkle 1/4 of the brown sugar/cinnamon mixture on top of the apples
- Pour the remaining batter on top of each loaf pan and then sprinkle with the remaining brown sugar/cinnamon mixture
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean
If you loved this recipe, please PIN this image to share it with your friends and don’t forget to follow us on IG.