This post may contain affiliate links. I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on the links but at no additional cost to you. Thank you for continuing to support JandLOnline!
I had this idea in my head to have our family write blessings on the walls of our new home before we even purchased land. At our last home, we had an awesome neighbor on one side who did this and I was annoyed at myself that we didn’t do it during the building process. But the Lord had other plans for us because we ended up selling that house and were given the opportunity to build our dream home!
Today I’ll be sharing with you 35 bible verses for inspiration to bless your new home during your own building process.
I had wanted to plan a family BBQ at the property with our parents and siblings to dedicate our home but it rained the day before and it wasn’t going to be safe to park cars on the grass like we usually do. So James and I grabbed a quick lunch for the kids and set out a picnic, our first meal, in the dining room of our new home. Afterwards, the kids and I wrote bible verses throughout the home.
I selected a verse for each of the kids to write in their rooms as a reminder to not be afraid to put all their faith in God; He will be there when they wake and He will be there while they sleep.
Here are a few others that we chose:
“Let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger”
As a blind reminder for myself; I pray for patience every day while I strive to raise our children without anger and frustration. This verse was placed next to where our bed will be in the master bedroom.
On the staircase:
“By wisdom a house is built and by understanding it is established; by knowledge the rooms are filled with precious and pleasant riches.”
In one of our son’s rooms:
“The Lord will keep you from evil; He will keep you safe. He will protect you as you come and go, now and forever.” Psalm 121:8
In our youngest son’s room:
“Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened or discouraged, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9
Above our front door:
“You will be blessed when you come in; and blessed when you go out.” Deuteronomy 28:6
When we stopped by the house on Monday afternoon, the construction crew were all excited to talk about each of the blessings they saw inside.
I have created a list with 35 of my favorite bible verses which we used to bless our home that I hope you will draw inspiration from for your own home! Don’t forget to PIN one of the images below to share this post with your friends!
- “Peace be to you, and peace be to your house, and peace be to all that you have.” 1 Samuel 25:6
- “You will be blessed when you come in and blessed when you go out. Deuteronomy” 28:6
- “Peace be to this house.” Luke 10:5
- “Give us clean hands and pure hearts”. Psalm 24:4
- “When you lie down, you will not be afraid; when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet.” Proverbs 3:24
- “In my Father’s house are many rooms” John 14:2
- “Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened or discouraged, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9
- “The Lord will keep you from all evil; he will keep you safe. He will protect your as you come and go, now and forever.” Psalm 121:8
- “By wisdom, a house is built and by understanding it is established; by knowledge, the rooms are filled with precious and pleasant riches” Proverbs 24:3-4
- “Love is patient, love is kind.” 1 Corinthians 13
- “I have found the one whom my soul loves.” Song of Solomon 3:4
- “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11
- “Let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger.” James 1:19
- “God is with her; she will not fall” Psalm 46:5
- “She is more precious than rubies. She is clothed with strength and dignity and she laughs without fear of the future.” Proverbs 31
- “For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.” Philippians 1:6
- “The Lord is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The Lord is the defense of my life; Whom shall I dread?” Psalm 27:1
- “My cup overflows with your blessings” Psalm 23:5
- “Give us this day our daily bread” Matthew 6:11
- “Build homes and plan to stay. Plant gardens and eat the food they produce” Jeremiah 29:5
- “They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts.” Acts 2:46
- “As for me and my house we will serve the Lord” Joshua 24:15
- “Love one another as I have loved you.” John 13:34
- “Clean me and I shall be clean. Wash me and I shall be whiter than snow.” Psalm 51:7
- “Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayer that is made in this place. For now I have chosen and consecrated this house that my name may be there forever. My eyes and my heart will be there for all time.” 2 Chronicles 7:15-16
- “The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace.” Numbers 6:24-26
- “Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock.” Matthew 7:24
- “Where you go, I will go, and where you stay, I will stay.” Ruth 1:16
- “Love your neighbor as yourself” Mark 12:31
- “For every house is built by someone, but the builder of all things is God” Hebrews 3:4
- “We love because he first loved us” 1 John 4:19
- “His mercies are new every morning” Lamentations 3:23
- “Always be humble and gentle. Be patient with each other, making allowance for each other’s fault because of your love.” Ephesians 4:2
- “Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart.” Psalm 37:4
- “You then, my son, be strengthened by the grace that is in Christ Jesus” 2 Timothy 2:1
Sharing is caring!
I pray that you will continue to be blessed in your every day. If you loved this post, you’ll want to subscribe to our newsletter so you don’t miss out on the latest updates to the blog!
What is your favorite bible verse for a home dedication? Feel free to comment below, I’d love to hear from you!
Shop scripture wall art
Maybe you don’t have time to write scripture on your walls or you purchased a home that was already built, you could check out these decor options.